Friday, August 1, 2008

A Rare Bit Of Perspective

I was trolling through the (increasingly boring) news this morning and found this little gem in the L.A. Times.

Click here for the article.

I have been wondering for years why it is that folks tend to immediately lionize and honor the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Cobain.

We are always told how tragic it is that they met thier end so soon.

That word.....TRAGEDY.

How about malignant narcissism?

How about the ultimate in self-centered, selfish behavior?

A tragedy is when a 26 year old man with a baby daughter gets hit by a bus.

When a 26 year old man with 30 million dollars in the bank and ALL THE RESOURCES HE CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE blows his brains out it is not a tragedy.

It is a childish, selfish act.

He did not care a wit for his fans, his daughter, or anyone other than himself.

A musical genuis? Possibly.

But a loser for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you covering Nugent on stage, too?

Daniel Braun said...

Ahh, I see. Apparently I am just parroting Ted Nugent and could not possibly have come to this on my own.

Dude, I drank myself into a stupor every night for half my life. I don't need The Nuge to tell me what a loser looks like.

I saw it in the mirror every day for 20 years.

Besides, I have my own opinions about Nugent that I may share some day....