Wednesday, April 2, 2008

And Another Thing! (Elections Cont...)

In the far-reaching reportage (See? I know words TOO Phanny!) of yesterday's nail-biting (and eventually GLORIOUS) Supreme Court elections the refrain of "and the only African-American Member of The Supreme Court..." has been deafening with regard to "Loophole" Louis Butler.

Let me tell ya. Until this morning, I had no idea that this guy was even black. I am sure that it was reported, and now that I look back in the archives of some of the less intelligent blogs and reporters out there (they are legion btw) I see that the race card was indeed played. Some fool was even exhorting us not too let the sacrifices of Wisconsin boys during the civil war be in vain by dumping the Loopster.

I ain't kiddin' ya, I threw up in my mouth a little on that one.

I am sure that I have seen Louis Butler's face on a commercial somewhere, but I guess when you are a T.V. baby like me you kind of have a happy place that you go in your mind when ANY commercial is on.

I knew he was a defense attorney, and that judging by his decisions lately that my 13 year-old daughter probably has a better grasp on the Constitution.

But I swear on the deity of your choice that I did not know that he was black.

Come to think of it, I guess it kinda makes me wonder about the viability of political advertising on television. They should just give me the cash.

No reason. They just should.

No comments: